1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blue Honda in St. Paul, MN

Discussion in 'Mini Truck Spottings' started by Colin, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Colin

Colin Member

I spotted a blue Acty in St. Paul, over by the police station on Friday (1/04.) The guy had ATV tags on it and was driving it straight down University Avenue. :D

Colin

2. GR.mike

GR.mike Member

Yeah, we have sold a fire engine red truck to a fire dept in MS before. I think they use it to haul around stuff at a training facility.

3. Colin

Colin Member

Oh... cool. :)

4. mjhess

mjhess New Member

are any of these mini-trucks street legal in minnesota , and why not.
    What a gas saver they would be to the ecomony

5. Colin

Colin Member

They're not street legal anywhere in the US. The EPA (feds) classify them as low speed vehicles and limit the trucks to 25 MPH because they haven't been tested for emissions... certain states and local jurisdictions feel they can bypass federal law and allow on-road use, but Minnesota is not one of them. I suspect this guy had ATV registration like nateisanas.

Just because these trucks are small doesn't mean they get astronomically huge fuel economy. Unless you drive it in town only and don't wind it out for the highway (the way you would drive any other vehicle) you'll get around 30 MPG. Any modern 4 cylinder smaller pickup (Ranger, S10, Colorado, Tacoma, Frontier, etc) should get similar mileage with a good driver.

Colin

6. mjhess

mjhess New Member

I've heard better milage reports of 40 to 45 mpg

7. Colin

Colin Member

I've heard that, too. My real world experience indicates otherwise.

8. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

real world....

i have seen 38mpg cruising mostly streets below 60 mph without too many stop signs and traffic signals...

reality check....

freeway driving, 75mph +/- with a/c on full blast....

hang on to your hats ladies and germs....

25mpg!!

typically i average about 32-35 when i'm on the country roads just running back and forth to work about 65... it's still a hell of a lot better than my dodge quad cab that gets 14-17mpg :D