1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blow By??

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by aomorisambar, Jun 17, 2012.

1. aomorisambar

aomorisambar Member

Hey guys. I recently changed my air filter and found that there was some oil in the box. Not a huge amount, but enough to make me search out some advice.

My car is a 2001 sambar van with about a bit over 100,000 Km. When I let it run and pop off the oil fill cap there is a tiny bit of smoke that comes out, again not a huge amount. I assume that with that kinda milage blow by is expected, but is there anything I can do that will help with this issue or slow down the degradation of the engine; ie engine flush or additives?

Any advice would be appreciated, and if additional info is required just let me know.

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

slightly thicker weight oil will reduce blow by on a higher mileage engine..if you use 10/30 try a 10/40....blow by is completely normal though,crankcase ventilation is designed in from the factory to re-burn blow by gasses..

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  3. aomorisambar

aomorisambar Member

Thanx, ill try that. Will this help with the oil coming into the air filter box? If not is there a way that I can reduce that so that Im not going through filters like crazy?

4. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Yeah the thicker oil should help...if the filter is getting covered that badly you may be needing rings,but trying a heavier oil can't hurt