1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BFGoodrich 14" T/A Anyone running them?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Shrimp Daddy, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Shrimp Daddy

Shrimp Daddy Member

Is anyone running the new/reintroduced BFGoodrich 14 t/a's?

Tire Size - LT195/75R14/D | Service Description - 99R | Revs/Mile at 45 mph - 815 | Max Load (lbs@psi) 1710@65

BFGoodrich 14" All-Terrain T/A KO

I have found out after a year of driving that I rarely go over about 60kmh. Most of my time is spent in the 25-50kmh range. The all-trails are noisy.....no suprise, and it would be nice to run a taller off road LT tire.

I understand that the taller tire is going to suck power and that there is lift and clearance issues that need to be addressed, but I do not need that power for higher speeds and I never shift into 5th gear anyway. I figure 4wd low range will make up for the loss of power.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2010
  2. DeMag

DeMag Member

I havent ran any 14" but ran several of the 35 x 12.50 in A/T & R/T
    The rough terrain is a good tire offroad and cleans itself well,does alright in snow but mileage is lower than the all terrain, little road noisy not real bad though compared to other big lug tires.
    The all terrain is a excellent riding good wearing tire, quiet, decent snow tire, good mileage but it does not clean itself and in the mud aint worth a nickel.
    With that being said if I was only on the blacktop or dirt when dry I'd definetly go with the all terrain. If i had plans of going offroad when wet with muddy conditions and blacktop then I would use the rough terrain.

3. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

i have 165/55VR-14's on my mitsu :D