1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beware of Phillipine rebuilds

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by SaskCarry, Jan 5, 2011.

1. SaskCarry

SaskCarry Member

My '92 Carry (stretched cab, supposedly "reconditioned" engine and transmission, whatever that means) has been giving me engine difficulties from very soon after I got it home. First, I had vac. issues and found that many of the lines were rotten, broken, or dead-ended. Then the timing belt broke. After replacing that I had a few weeks of good running and then I started having carb flooding problems, which are still unresolved.
    Now it seems that my head gasket is shot because when I try to start it, it pressures up in the top rad hose. Let this be a warning to anyone who is thinking of buying a mini truck. Stay away from any that were "reconditioned" in the Phillipines. You will be throwing your money away.

2. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

That's why i told my Mom & Dad to stay away from the ones converted to Left Hand Drive.

3. axle

axle Member

:confused:that is maybe correct, i saw lots of minis around the country that looks bad and in the junk yard.thats why i personally picked mine from the importer and rebuild with my supervision.:D
    those mini builders are producing hundreds of minis a month in quantity not in quality. the good thing is i dont have any parts problem.its available everywhere even in supermarket,(harharhar) lots in the junk shop.:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

4. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

If those are DOT tires. Need to figure out how to get that wheel/tire combo without buying the whole truck.

5. axle

axle Member

no need to buy tghe whole truck, tires made from china and chinese products is every where. yes its DOT :D

6. Don't think its just related to one area - bad trucks came in from many sources :rolleyes:

How many side show farmers cranked them out of the pole barn chop shop?