1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Better More Active Mini Truck Site?

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by Fierce, Dec 9, 2016.

1. DWils

DWils Member

Keys did MVD assign you a new 17-character VIN and give you a new VIN plate or just use the HH3-######## as the VIN?

2. Keys

Keys New Member

They affixed a new plate to the door jamb. It consists of the letters "AZ", a dash and six numerals. That's all...and it was accepted by the MVD and my insurance carrier.

3. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Active Member

The assigning of a vin # and ID plate is the same procedure as they did for me about 15 years ago when I lived in Az and built and licensed a boat trailer that I had created.

Fred

4. SpankyNFla

SpankyNFla New Member

I'm in Florida and just registered my '90 Carry without any problems from the state. The only problem I had was from the insurance company. They said Carfax didn't recognize the vin because it only had 11 digits instead of the normal 17 that normal cars have. But since it was ok with the state, they issued me a policy. Just started driving it today. It gets a lot of looks.

5. Ran440

Ran440 Member

Boy did this thread get hijacked. It started out as " Better More Active Mini Truck Site " and ended up about registering minis.
    I think the fact is, is that this is the best and maybe only site ( in English ) devoted to Japanese mini trucks. The reason this site is not as active is a lot of people are now using Facebook to talk about and show off there trucks.
    IMHO Facebook doesn't come close to this site when it comes to real information and help from other mini truck owners. It has been a huge help for me.
    I guess I'm just " Old School "

SpankyNFla and fmartin_gila like this.
  6. showland

showland New Member

I don't mind the threads changing topic some, especially as it shows that this site is still active. And you are right that this is a better, more focused source for Mini truck info and help then facebook is.

SpankyNFla and fmartin_gila like this.
  7. Ran440

Ran440 Member

8. KCCats

KCCats Member

Im a moderator on Snowmobileforum.com
    we are just Dead about all summer, and Now it picks up and we can have 400-500 people on in a day!

I love the forum and have learned a lot here. A Newbee if you will.
    There I mentor young riders and teach and Preach a lot.
    Here Im just a sponge!

9. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

I sure agree with Ran 440 about this being a great source of info. I too am old school and never have used facebook for anything but my wife does to keep up with grandkids. I hate to see some of the old guys like spaner and Fupabox no longer active as they were the best at getting into details. I just hope some of the new blood picks up where they left off.

fmartin_gila likes this.
  10. KCCats

KCCats Member

Im an old fart myself.
    Semi retired plumber.
    Im down sizing, literally!
    I hope to go through my 91 Suzuki and pull it apart and under coat it!
    I will try to Video it all and post it?

fmartin_gila likes this.
  11. SpankyNFla

SpankyNFla New Member

Being an old buzzard myself I'm glad to have this as a source of information. I've only had my '90 Carry for about 6 months now. Glad to have you folks around.