1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bed Removal

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Inane2, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Inane2

Inane2 Member

Good evening guys,

Anybody out there ever took the bed off of your kei truck?

I don't have a legit need to do so but was just looking around this evening.

I see several bed bolts from the top side of the bed, covered with plugs. Remove the bolts, unplug the tail lights, etc. Everything looks just like taking the bed of a pickup truck other than the front end. On mine, the front edge of the bed appears to overlap a lip that comes off the rear of the cab. This is then covered in what looks like body seam sealer. I dug a small chunk out with my pocket knife. There is also a row of bolts here, between the engine access panel and the rear of the cab.

Just curious . . . :cool:

2. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

I would think it would be just about the same as a full size truck. I have thought about popping mine off to do some painting on the under side haven't looked it over yet thou do post what you find out thou.

3. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

I just looked at my Hijet and it sure is different than my Scrum or Carry.They have an entirely separate bed where the Hijet is built to the back of the cab and uses that for the front of the bed.The dump must be different though.On my Scrum I took the bed off and added a dump system that I took off a Mitsubishi I used to have,but you sure couldn't do it with the Hijet.

4. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

That's good to know beings I have a scrum no so good for inane2 thou

5. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

The seam sealer came loose easily. If I remember correctly you also have to disconnect some ground wires from the access panel as well as the parking brake cable. Also some hidden bolts bottom side front corners to the cab. I also had some issue where the tail light harness was attached to the bed and the frame in the rear near the tail lights.