1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awesome Tires - AMS M1 EVIL 25x8x12 DOT legal

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by dale hynes, Dec 20, 2020.

1. dale hynes

dale hynes Member

I bought some new shoes for the little beast (93 Hijet) AMS M1 EVIL 25x8x12 DOT legal! Load capacity of 485 lbs each at 18 PSI, which will work perfectly for carrying 500 LBS and off road adventuring.

Attached Files:

Limestone likes this.
  2. MI mini truck 77

MI mini truck 77 New Member

Will these fit the stock rims and clear the fenders without a lift kit??

3. dale hynes

dale hynes Member

I have a 2+ inch lift kit in my truck. I have Arctic cat 12x7.5 steel wheels on it. I had to bore out the Center hole of the rims to fit over the front hub, easy to do with a bi-metal hole saw. They will rub a bit on the inside going over uneven ground, but they clear the door and rear fenders. I’m trying to find some 1.5 inch spacers with a 12mm x1.5 studs to fit, but no luck yet. They allow me to go places the old Goodyear ATV mud tires could not even consider going, plus I can use them running about town! I never had stock rims to try them on, but the back spacing of the stock rim is less than the cat rims so rubbing may not be an issue.

4. MI mini truck 77

MI mini truck 77 New Member

Thanks for the info. I would like to find some DOT 23" tires that would work on the stock rims. My Mini is street legal and would like to be able to dive it with the sides down that's why I haven't done the wide tires / rims.

5. dale hynes

dale hynes Member

GBC Kanati Mongrel Radial ATV Tires, D.O.T.
    These tires are 23 inches tall. They are the ones I wanted but were unavailable in Canada since last spring. My old Goodyear murders were 27 inches tall, so these new ones I have at 25 should be a lot better. I drive my truck everywhere, but it was a pain to have to change tires to go off reading, but that problem is now gone. One tire on or off road!

6. SDK1968

SDK1968 Active Member

Dale,

so you have already changed from the 25's at the top to the 23's in MOngrels? the Mongrels are great tires!

i was interested in those 25's with just a 2" lift. im running a 2" lift on 4 wheeler rims & mine STILL rub every now & then at certain angles.

7. SAITCHO

SAITCHO Active Member

Many people have issue with the Mongrels. They are notoriously out-of-round. If you drive off-road only there is no issues but if you plan to hit the road with those you may have issue balancing them.

8. SDK1968

SDK1968 Active Member

^^^^ ah thats great info. never noticed it on my RZR's, but was always off road or trail riding.

thanks for that.

9. 1AcanthusMan

1AcanthusMan New Member

Does anyone have any suggestions for OEM size, good tires, for a 2016 Deck Van

10. allochris

allochris New Member

Hi, can you post some more side pics of your 25” m1 evil? i have a da63t with 4” lift, considering also 1 tire for on & off road as i’m road legal in BC. is there such thing as a DOT rim though? most of them are for offroad use...

Do u run 25x8” on all 4? what’s yr inner rubbing clearance & rim backspacing?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
    Eliasdim likes this.