1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auction sheets - supercharger or not?

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Pasta, May 10, 2017.

1. Pasta

Pasta Member

Does anyone know if there's always a way to tell from an auction sheet if a Sambar has the supercharger or not? I've seen where you can tell from the chassis number (the full version of their VIN) but all the auction sheets abbreviate the chassis number to let's say for instance KS4-12345 instead of a full number with all the letters. So I can tell if it's a manual and 4wd, but that's about it. Do you just have to hope they mention supercharger in the selling points section? I looked for "supercharger" in katakana and never see it mentioned. Sorry if it's been discussed, couldn't find it with a search.

2. Maximal

Maximal Active Member

Don't quote me but I believe it's ks4 for carb and ksv4 for supercharged efi. Mines carb 4x4 5spd and it has the ks4 vin

BWH likes this.
  3. Pasta

Pasta Member

4. DSlag

DSlag Member

Doing some searching and reviving an old thread. Considering the following link:
    http://subaru.epc-data.com/sambar/
    I'm looking to buy a 1999 to 2004 Sambar truck and wish to understand the descriptions on the Auction sheets available online. So, from the attached link, the TT2 appears to be the 4wd vs the TT1 at 2wd. Beyond this I have some questions about what some of the labeling is:
    - JA = Japanese Agriculture
    - TB = Turbo charged?
    - TC = Traction Control?
    - S4WD vs F4WD = Selective 4wd vs Full-time 4wd
    - CAB = ?
    Then there are also Japanese symbols indicating:
    - porter?
    - chasis with cab?
    - chasis with floor?

And then there is the engine:
    - EN07V (SPI NA) = Single Port Injection Naturally Aspirated?
    - EN07Y (MPI MSC) = Multi Port Injection MSC?
    - EN07F (MPI) = Multi Port Injection

Thanks for the help. Blessings,

5. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

ENo7C, EN07V and EN07F are all naturally aspirated. ENo7Y is the only Supercharged engine and was used between 1990-2012.

JA, TB, TC are just trim levels.. not feature descriptions. There are no turboed Sambars, and there are no traction controlled sambars.

Reticent Sage and Reese Allen like this.
  6. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

@DSlag What country do you live in? Are you looking for on-road or off-road use?

7. DSlag

DSlag Member

rk, Thanks for the feed back. I appreciate the information.
    I live in Canada (hence the 1999 to 2004 year consideration).
    Looking for 90-95% road use,with light off-road in agricultral fields and forest access roads. Even the forest access roads are well maintained as they are part of a popular trail system and also used by logging companies to haul trees out so it is not serious 4x4ing. However, things do get dicey in the spring when the ground thaws as places get mucky and there is the occasional wash out.
    Also have been looking into wheel/tire combos, lift kits, etc.