1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attention Mini Dump Owners

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by geoffreyr66, Jun 1, 2009.

1. geoffreyr66

geoffreyr66 Member

Hi! I've got a 91 Carry DB51T Non-Dumper. I'm considering doing a conversion to a Dump box just for my own fun and recreation. Can any of you Dump Box owners send me or post some pics of the factory dump mechanism?
    I've seen some dumps with hydraulics however it was suggested that I use an electric scissor lift system. Are there any factory dump boxes using a electric non-hydraulic lift?
    Anyone who has done their own dump conversion I'd especially like to hear from you!
    Please send pics of the hinge, lift mechanism and box frame. I'd love to get some ideas. Thanks.
    Geo

2. minitruck.ca

minitruck.ca Member

Geoffrey
    I have a Scissor Hydralic lift with ram and Bolt on brackets from a Suzuki Minitruck Here. It Just needs an electric Hydralic power pack. They are avaliable at Princess Auto. We also have factory Air Filters for your Truck
    Thank you
    Todd
    www.minitruck.ca

3. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

There should be some pics of mine in the members photo gallery, not sure how detailed. There are probably others pics too.

I know here in Indiana, there are several outfits that do dump conversions on trucks.

You can get basically any kind of dump, and even utilize the factory bed. (pick-up trucks)

They have deals for regular domestic pick-ups starting as low as 1 grand, so Im sure a mini-truck would be even less.

New parts, with a warranty, and done in like a couple days or less.

You will have to do some weilding, and basically build a frame for your unit to attach to, which will attach to the frame of the truck.

4. geoffreyr66

geoffreyr66 Member

IndianaJason,
    I've looked through the pics in the Gallery however there isn't enough detail of different lift mechanisms for my liking.
    So if anyone could post some pics of the frame and underside of their box, I would appreciate that greatly.
    G

5. Kei King

Kei King Member