1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attention Dealers

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by IndianaJason, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Badgerland

Badgerland Member

Ya know...the sad, yet funny thing is, TO THIS DAY, I still get calls from people that have been told by other supposed experienced "dealers" that Axle Lock something different than what it really is. :sly:

Frustrating!

2. noroadhere

noroadhere New Member

diff lock

i have a 97 suzuki carry and it has diff lock is that just lick the axle lock or is it acutally a diff locker right now its just pulling with one wheel on each axle pulling in forward or reverse

3. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

to the right of steering wheel you will either have one are two indicators. they are axle lock and diff. lock. axle lock light is just indicating that front drive line is tied into front drive shaft.
    if you have diff. lock that will be a switch, when activated it will pull a vacuum on the rear diff. and lock it into posi track(both rear tires pulling).
    if you dont have diff. lock when in 4x4 high/low axle lock light on, yes, only one tire up front and one tire in rear will pull. although sometimes you will feel a sense of both tires pull in the rear if they both are sensing the same traction.

4. zardoz

zardoz Member

I can't believe folks are still asking about the difference between axle and diff lock .... sigh ... it certainly aint rocket science... sorry quitting smokes right now... kinda edgy

z

5. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

If you dont know, you dont know. I have retail customers that after a week cant find the dip stick. Or they ask me how come the blinker switch is on the wrong side. I say I wasnt the eng. on this truck, thats just the way they come. From the retail side of these trucks keep a happy face, answer questions as many times as ask and sell a good product.