1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At long last...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Reticent Sage, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Reticent Sage

Reticent Sage New Member

Greetings Y'all.

I Imported a 1992 Subaru Sambar SDX earlier this Year and am daily driving it. Was cruising Craigslist one day with the keywords "flatbed truck" and so chanced upon a Daihatsu Climber that was in California. A BUILT-IN flatbed pickup!!!! I was sold. This inspired me to take a look and find something suitable for daily use and under 5000 and that led to this website, which led to Subaru, which led to cruising auction sites which led to importing and having an awesome vehicle. Big shout out to this site which made me confident in my decision.

2018-12-10_14.41.41.jpg
    BG062758_e0215e.jpg

NCZ1 and punimog like this.
  2. matt167

matt167 Active Member

Nice truck. How was your Be Forward experience? I have a Jimny landing next week and so far they have been 100% easy to deal with. I've been pondering ordering a Sambar after the Jimny lands since I have people begging to buy my Carry and the weight balance and comfort/ drivability of the Subaru is probably higher than the Carry

3. Reticent Sage

Reticent Sage New Member

Yeah. Be Forward was pretty great to go through. The biggest trouble I had was at the Port. While the cars BF offers don't seem like first tier their prices are hard to beat. I haven't driven a Carry but from pictures and other suggestions the rear engine Subaru has more cab space and I love the rear engine handling.

4. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

Congrats! Hopefully I'll be a month and a half behind you!

5. StevenSS

StevenSS New Member

California? Are you driving it on the streets???

6. monddriver92

monddriver92 New Member

Congrats on your new truck!