1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asking Again About Brakes for 1993 Hijet

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Samurai9, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Samurai9

Samurai9 Member

More questions:

1. Does the Hijet model S83P have drum brakes or disc brakes up front? (I haven't looked.)

2. Has any of you worked on your brakes or had the work done?

3. If so, did you have any trouble getting parts? What parts were needed and where did you get them?

Brake shops are all over the place, but before I take my truck in to be checked, I would like to know whether needed parts can be obtained.

I have been hearing a high-pitched metallic sound from the left front after the brakes have been used for a time. The sound continues whether or not the brakes are being applied but eventually stops. Could this be a worn brake pad indicator noise? Would Hijets have had that in 1993? My truck has about 50k miles so I am speculating that the brakes are in their original condition.

Thanks,

Sam

2. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

S83p has pads up front, shoes on rear. Call Chad Hite 270 331 1414 he can get you a set at a better price than anybody else. Look on your seat belt tag for year and tell him it is a S83P.

3. Samurai9

Samurai9 Member

Chad doesn't have these but G&R's site shows that they do.

Thanks,

Sam

4. If all else fails just have them relined at a clutch and brake resurface shop,its cheap and they will be good as new.
    Tom

5. gregw98

gregw98 Member

My 91 HiJet Jumbo is a 2wd and has drum brakes on all four corners.

6. D'Animal

D'Animal Member

The Diahatsu part number for my 1993 2wd and 1994 4wd (both have drums all the way around) is 47420-87513-000 for the pads.

7. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

If its a U.S.A. left hand drive model, Jones Equipment in Ft. Worth,Tx will have them in stk.(they have had them befor) Good people to work with. If its a Japanese model right hand drive dont ask Jones Equip. they dont like cross reference parts from U.S.A. marketed trucks to Japan marketed. Check the web. and if you don t get them from Chade Hite be ready to pay the price.