1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arctic Cat Susuki 660

Discussion in 'Performance' started by KCCats, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Kent,
    You've got to take a minute and make this your Picture on you profile!
    Limestone

2. KCCats

KCCats Member

I have told many people of your truck and Cat power!
    And as a Snowmobiler I have been on the watch and had hoped to pick one up at Hay Days but it didn't happen.

3. Kent

Kent Member

Thanks I'll give it a try

4. Kent

Kent Member

Keep looking

5. Limestone

Kent,
    That's awesome, for a profile! Nice job! Been catching up on the thread from the begining, and understanding a lot more! Pretty entertaining!
    Limestone

6. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Active Member

Don't know why I missed this before bu just now happened to read your post. Mine is a 2002 K6A but maybe this will help in some way. I always do my own oil changes and all other things pertaining to any vehicles I own. I was using 20W/50 oil as I live in the Philippines and (old school thoughts) figured I was doing good with the thicker viscosity oil. Started to get the classic symptoms of worn valve seals and was considering doing the seals. Note: the specs call for 5W/30 oil. As I was gathering info on what I would need to do the valve seals. it came time for a oil change. The place I normally buy oil was out of stock of 20W/50 so I just bought 5W/30 and changed it thinking I would go back to the heavier oil when I did the valve seals. Within 1000 Kms the smoking stopped and the bad valve stem seal symptoms disappeared. Been a couple years ago this happened and it still doesn't need the seals and I have continued to use 5W/30. It has over 257,000 Kms on the odometer.

Fred

Limestone likes this.
  7. Kent

Kent Member

I run 0/ 40 synthetic in mine. Using Amsoil now. Seems good from - 20 to +100 farenhieght .

8. Limestone

These are great points guys! To reiterate, the point completely, Fred is a retired old school mechanic that has taught us a lot over the years, and Kent has and is proving his point with his work! Truly outstanding guys!
    Limestone

9. Justin56

Justin56 New Member

Kent, as far as intake. Did you use the stock K6A intake and not use the Cat's longer one?

Also on the wiring harness merging, do you remember which areas you merged those harnesses?
    I assume most is the snowmobile's now any key bridges you ended up making?

don't happy to have a rough wiring diagram do you ;)

10. Kent

Kent Member

Used the stock truck manifold.. teed off the speedo sensor. Added a temp sensor. Mainly the two harness run separate.

11. SDK1968

SDK1968 Active Member

man id still like to stumble across a nice non turbo 660 engine to do a custom in my 02 zuki!!

Limestone likes this.
  12. Kent

Kent Member

Why a non turbo

13. SDK1968

SDK1968 Active Member

dont wanna have to mess with all that. the 80hp version would be more than enough.

Limestone likes this.