1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone watch the Motocheez channel on youtube?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by SAITCHO, Apr 2, 2019.

1. SAITCHO

SAITCHO Member

This guy bought a Hijet and in the later video he also bought a dump carry. He did multiple upgrades to the truck, bumper, lights, tires,springs..... And a bunch of maintenance and troubleshooting. There is alot of ride along as he off-road his mini. I like his humor alot and I learned many things from his video.

Here is a link to the first video where he buy his first truck.

Whats up mini-truck!!!!!!!!!!!

2. matt167

matt167 Active Member

Yeah, I have talked to him. I don't agree with him on buying a truck from Amir as his trucks are not the best ( I bought and owned one for 2 years ). His videos are entertaining

3. punimog

punimog New Member

Yeah Motocheez is highly entertaining. I think it's the most accessible kei truck content on YouTube.

4. Dutchminitrucker

Dutchminitrucker New Member

Following Motocheez as well, very high entertaining, but i find that the minitrucks in the US are way overpriced, compare to what they cost in Japan, offcourse, people can make some money on the trucks, but i hear prices from 4 til 6000 dollars. if you watch carefully, you can buy them yourself less then 2K. including shipment towards the us

5. matt167

matt167 Active Member

yup.. But Customs here in the USA, you have to file $200 worth of paperwork, 25% vat tax on cargo vehicles ( 2.5% on others ) and to make it easier a broker will do it for $2-250. You also need to file as a self importer at a cost of $400. My bill to my broker for my Imported Jimny was $852. If it was a Kei truck it would have been more. My total released from the port was about $2,600 and I pretty much bought the cheapest Jimny I could find. There is a Sambar on that site right now one could get for less than that, as purchase price is only $450

6. Dutchminitrucker

Dutchminitrucker New Member

I did not know about the 25%tax for the cargovehicle. Here in europe it is simple, you buy the car, when its on the boat, you contact a local freight broker, email them they invoice and all info about the truck. They will take care about when the car arrives, they make up an invoice for the 21 % tax, and some fee for doing all this. you can choose if they will take care of transport, or that you will pick it up on the harbor.

after that, you'll have some local costs, registrate it, change beams of the headlight, tyres etc.

7. ttc

ttc Active Member

Ya watched his stuff for humor content. And yes mini trucks are way over priced when shops are selling them. My 95 hijet low dump with 5 speed diff lock and ac was only 1600 cad at auction. Similar non dump where closer to half the auction price. Think it was around 4500 insured and on the street in Canada. We did all the importing paperwork on this end once we got the paperwork from the exporter in Japan we used.

8. SDK1968

SDK1968 Member

YES im a sub of motocheez & have learned a good bit from his vids.

9. Heiny

Heiny New Member

That was funny, thanks.

10. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Member

What is this $400 charge you speak of? Who charged it? I did not have to pay that when I self-imported my Sambar truck. I paid about $400 in total for all of my duties and fees, and that included the 25% chicken tax.

11. SDK1968

SDK1968 Member

^^^ hey im loving my mini.... & very interested in getting another one if this is something a "regular guy" can do.. could you elaborate more on what all one has to do .. to import one themself?

if you dont wanna sidetrack this thread, throw me a PM.

12. matt167

matt167 Active Member

you got lucky. your supposed to register/ bond as a self importer through customs. It's not per vehicle, it's per year.. the fines that can accrue from incorrect importation are no joke. $5,000 if they ding you for not filing an ISF ect. That's why I went with a broker ( Davidson and sons ), even though being bonded myself I could self import. The $300 that I spent on them to file everything and take care of everything was worth it