1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone think about swaping in one of these motors?

Discussion in 'Performance' started by stumper, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Wedge

Wedge Member

Still to much $/hp imo yoid be better off doing a engine craddle and drop a motorcycle engine depends always on what you want to do and you're skills. If its just a drop in not alot of $ no hassle more hp engine look elsewhere. Cappuccino engine seems more logical at this point.

2. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

I don't know why. Early models had the F6a, later models had the K6a, both boosted. Both produced 47Kw, which was the limit of course. The K6a boasting slightly higher torque. Both can be modded for better performance, again of course. Pretty high $/HP ratio.
    The T660, seems like a bolt in solution, but not for "F" series owners. Bolt in, for those that have the proper equipment to be bolted to.
    Turn bolts and plug stuff in, maybe bend some exhaust pipe.
    Bolt in 120Kw, or keep the K6a @ 47kw...no custom adaptation here, just some $ and some balls.

As far as bike engines go, well we both know how it should be done. But just how easy is that to do, and who here can do it, and just how much money is that going to cost?
    Well, here you go:

http://www.motoiq.com/projects/mazda/project_mazda_miatabusa.aspx

As far as the early models, and the "F" series, well, there is a lot that can be done, but only for guys like us. A few guys around here can do the work needed to mod-up the F6a, but it's all one-off custom stuff.
    Like putting K6a dished pistons in a bored out F5b, boosted, torque-monster, build it light, wind it tight.

But then, there's only one...

3. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

4. Bugalydosh

Bugalydosh New Member

I was told a K5A and K6A are the same block with different heads, so I should be able to swap a K6A into my DB71T.... if so, isn't a T660 (certain years) also a direct bolt in? I've heard "plenty of people have done this" but haven't actually seen any details of the swap....