1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone happen to know the thread size on our shift knobs?

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by 98 SNAKE EATER, May 27, 2009.

1. Looking to replace the factory knob with sumthin different (white ball perhaps)

Anyone know the thread size?

Rick

2. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

hey rick...drive up to a napa or bumper to bumper and just ask the guy there to let you use there thread checker that should fix you up. ;D

wyatt

3. Dan

Dan Member

(10) is in the notes next to the part #

10mm i would guess...

drill and tap a cue ball??

4. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

10mm is the diameter but you also need to know the thread pitch. most common is 1.5 for nuts and bolts, but for some of these applications they will use a finer thread like 1.25 and i have even seen 10x1.0

if you are going to tap a billiard ball i would highly recommend putting a heli-coil or some other sort of steel threads. i recommend this from experience. i used a billiard ball on the suiced shifter on my last chopper project and the composite material of the billard ball doesn't hold threads that well. by adding a heli-coil you now have fixed threads glued and threaded into the billiard ball and a good metal to metal contact from the ball to the shifter.