1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any tips on buying at auction?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Fotomatt1, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Fotomatt1

Fotomatt1 New Member

Any threads with tips on buying and importing a mini truck into the US through auctions? My apologies if I'm missing an obvious thread, but I haven't seen one. Just starting to look for a clean Sambar 4WD. Thanks in advance!

2. Smf834

Smf834 Member

I also want to know if buying overseas and ship it stateside is all bygone??

3. matt167

matt167 Active Member

Don't waste money on an auction if all your looking for is a basic truck that is clean... Beforward.jp is where I would look. The price you pay with shipping will be a lot cheaper than using an exporter/ auction bidder.. Bidding/ export service generally costs $800-1k where if you buy a Beforward truck for ~$2k which would be for a clean truck, you would be about $1,200 for shipping. it will be about $1k cheaper give or take. You will get more than 30 seconds to decide as well, with plenty of good pictures too and the auction sheets and a check sheet.. If your not going after anything special, just use BF