1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any S83/S110 owners need new mirrors?

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by AaronRS4, Mar 3, 2014.

1. AaronRS4

AaronRS4 Member

I was trolling around the internet the other evening and came across some photos of the Piaggio Porter... I have been looking for some replacement mirrors for my S83P since I purchased it last fall, but I'm not about to spend $200 per mirror for something that may get ruined when I'm off-road. I decided on a whim to type Piaggio Porter into the eBay search box since the photos I saw online looked so similar to my Hijet. (I know they are basically the same truck body-wise) Long story short, there is a seller on eBay that has quite a few Piaggio parts at very reasonable prices. I was able to pick up both side mirrors and both tail light lenses for under $100 shipped to my door in Illinois from somewhere in Italy. And what's even better, is that it arrived in less than 1 week! The sellers name was Outlet_Ricambi. I can't figure out why all of the mini truck dealers are selling these things for outrageous prices when the same thing is available for so much less...

Attached Files:

2. mdh71

mdh71 New Member

Following AaronRS4's lead I was in need of a front right blinker lens for my 91 S83P and looked up Outlet_Ricambi on Ebay. The lens on my truck was broken by the previous owner and was completely gone. (Contacted Japan sometime back and one lens plus shipping was going to be around $55 with shipping.) The Porter lens is clear on the top and amber on the bottom where the original (still one on passenger side) was totally amber colored. Did'nt want a mismatch, so I ordered both the left lens and the right lens late on Sunday night and received them both in the same shipment on Thursday. Total price $27 delivered. Went straight out when the arrived and put them on and they fit perfectly. Very satisfied with the whole process and the price. I had even messaged them to see about combining the two Ebay items into one shipment and only paying one shipment charge. They responded (broken English) and said to put in the order for each lens (each with a shipping cost) and that they would combine the shipping. Followed their instructions and just put a reminder message on the order and they held up on their end and refunded half of the shipping cost back to me. Very satisfied!!!
    Thanks AaronRS4 for finding and posting the info. photo-1.jpg photo_2.jpg

3. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Good job, Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained !

4. AaronRS4

AaronRS4 Member

Glad to hear you found what you needed @ a reasonable price! I was thinking of ordering new struts and front hubs through him, but I'm just not 100% certain they are the same as the Hijet. I know they had different motors, but not sure if the hubs will work...