1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any info Hafei Minyi Pickup Truck (Miles ZX40ST)

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by rmay635703, Jun 13, 2015.

1. rmay635703

rmay635703 Member

I am looking at buying an Street Legal Electric Mini Truck called a Miles ZX40ST

It is considered a Hafei Minyi and I was told that it is a clone of a Daihatsu of some sort.
    (similar vehicle is Union Ford BJ1020)

It is a bit different than a normal Kei car in that it is bigger dimensionally, I just wish it was narrow like a real kei car, sadly its wider and longer (I just wanted longer)
    Ah well that affords me a long box and 59" of width instead of 48"

Any ideas what type of FWD drivetrain I could drop in? (truck appears to be FWD but I can't find out any info)

I want to convert it back to gas or diesel. The Daihatsu 1ltr 3 cylinder diesel made in the late 79 through the early 90's is what I would most want but no idea what this is actually a clone of.

I am thinking a Daihatsu Charade, but I would prefer something that would bolt in and be dimensionally designed for the car.

I already own the sister VAN that goes with this called a Miles ZX40 which will take a Daihatsu charade XMSN and motor but you need to change the halfshafts back to the originals otherwise its a drop in replacement.

Thanx
    Ryan

2. rmay635703

rmay635703 Member

Bumpy no one has info from overseas on these trucks?