1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Hot Rodders out there?

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by swoop, Dec 20, 2007.

1. swoop

swoop Member

Are any of you guys doing any performance mods to your trucks? I've seen a few kei sized turbos on eBay. Have any of you attempted to install one of these?

Any other ideas for sqeezing a few extra ponies out of these little trucks?

MORE POWER!!!

Later,
    Tim The Tool Man . . .

2. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

I was thinking about taking the V-10 out of my Dodge and putting it in my Suzuki..... ???? But then I realized I was out of beer so I kinda put it on hold for now.......;)

3. Banzai

Banzai New Member

I have put a snorkel intake on mine and gutted the catalytic converter.
    The top end and air filter life span is much improved.

4. gbrad

gbrad Member

Hey Banzai,

How did you fabricate the snorkel tube? What did you make it out of?

These are for off road use only, so I think I am going to maximize performance on mine as much as possible. I've got a fuel injection Suzuki so there are a few options I am looking into.

gbrad

5. Banzai

Banzai New Member

I used parts and materials that i had laying around the shop. most of the plastic hoses and tubing came from the truck it's self.

I did mine not really for performance, but to get the main air intake up out of the dust.
    Removing the cat was one of those 'i'm bored....oh hey...let's get rid of the cat and make it run better.'
    one of these days i am going to get around to building a new exhaust system from where the cat used to all the way to the back.
    There's a bunch of snow and ice on the ground here and the truck is dirty as hell, when it dries out and i get it running again (think it's a bad fuel pump) i'll get some pictures.

6. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

Last edited: Dec 23, 2007
  7. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

I ported and shaved the head when I overhauled my engine. Also a custom 2" stainless exhaust I made on my tubing bender. Complete w/stainless glasspack.

8. Colin

Colin Member

^^ That's pretty much what I have planned for my Subaru.

I'd just turbo the thing, but I don't really want to source an EFI intake manifold and forged pistons. :D

Colin

9. grymmskull

grymmskull New Member

has anyone swapped a Suzuki capucino or super carry turbo motor in one yet? there are some pretty crazy capucino moters arround i think i saw one rated at 250hp:)

10. grymmskull

grymmskull New Member

11. grymmskull

grymmskull New Member

12. logdog

logdog New Member

I have a carry kc that has a factory supercharger on it. See my thread in the carry forum for a pic.

13. Dan

Dan Member

Over the last few days i was skimming through these forums and saw a mini with a dragster motor in the bed. i took mental note of it to go back later and now i cant find that post again. (no more mental notes i guess) anyone know where it is?

14. Dan

Dan Member

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008