1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And Then There Were Two !!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Two Showers, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Two Showers

Two Showers New Member

Well I've seen it, at last I've seen it.

It was damn freaky this morning. We were taking our German Shepherd to the vets. The Samber is the best thing to take him in as, with the back completely flat, the dog cage fits in and keeps him safe from rattling about.
    As we set off, I said to Sarah, "I'm really looking forward to the first time we ever see another one of these Sambers on the UK roads".

5 minutes later as we approached a really big roundabout, low and behold on the other side is ANOTHER SAMBER !!! Now that's freaky, real freaky.

The lady driving didn't see us, even after my frantic gesturing and flashing of lights. And I wasn't in a position to change lanes and chase her down. But unlike the mythical Unicorn, I now know there is another around here. Just need to make contact and get her on here.

I was told a while ago there was another Samber around here. Now I just need to make contact with her and we could start our own local club, just the two of us !!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

2. dmerc

dmerc Member

Wow, that's a sharp rig!! I assume that's a camping trailer behind? Ya' got a pic of it opened up...if it does???

3. Two Showers

Two Showers New Member

It normally sits behind this 1641cc performance VW engined Trike (sorry don't know what that is in American 'cubic inches').
    [​IMG]
    But yes it is quite simply just a double bed in a fibre glass shell. It saves me having to try to erect a tent (as I have a spine injury) and it keeps us warm and dry during the wet and windy UK rallies.
    [​IMG]

The Tiger stripe bed is my good ladies 'taste'. But we do enjoy still being able to get out with the trike to the rallies.

[​IMG]

However we set off the day before yesterday with just the Samber. Me, the missus and 1 big German Shepherd dog. We can hit North Yorkshire country side and pubs in 60 mile. So we drove up (in very high, scary winds), parked up behind the pub. Had beer, food, more beer (and a bit more beer) and the two of us and 1 big dog all slept in the back of the Samber. A brilliant way to spend a night.
    The second wheel arch and wheel on the right of the picture is from another Sleeper parked alongside in my back yard (as I sell these things in the North of England).

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008