1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

american version "mighty mits" lefty 550 parts

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab References' started by Dan, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Dan

Dan Member

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  2. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

Hi Dan
    any idea where i could get a service manual for my import RHD that i can read?
    wyatt

3. Dan

Dan Member

sorry, can't help you with that one. there are a few of us out here that have the full shop manuals on the 550 lefty's that might get you in the ballpark for the rhd 660's. let us know if theres something we can look up for you...

4. 390mike

390mike New Member

Dan I need help deciphering some part breakdowns that my local mits dealer gave me. I need to order a stock piston kit, rings,wrist pin,connecting rod, oversize crank bearing set, overhaul gasket kit. The truck is lhd 550 mighty mit with 3g81. The engine already out and at the machineist.

5. Dan

Dan Member

pm sent. we'll figure it out. I've built a few. maybe talk with the service guys in the shop side of the dealership. they are familiar wth the mits style manuals, its written the same as the automotive ones

6. Dan

Dan Member

390mike,

I'd like to see the breakdown that you obtained from the dealership. you mentioned that there were some colorcodes. now i'm really curious about the differences in our parts lists. can you post or email part of it?

7. 390mike

390mike New Member

Dan,
    I had to wait until this morning since I left the documents at my office. I have them in PDF format but I'm not sure how to get them to you.

8. 390mike

390mike New Member

Dan, here are the PDF's.

Attached Files:

9. Dan

Dan Member

Thanks,

I've never seen this type of breakdown. looks like its for the entire series of "3G8?" engines. 550 to 660 i would guess. I have not noticed any colored or stamped parts in the 550's

10. 390mike

390mike New Member

Dan wondering if you had a chance to post torque specs for that motor.

Thanks,
    mike

11. Dan

Dan Member

I am trying to put the pdf files online at a file share service. I just uploaded a scan of the general specs at...

http://www.box.net/shared/zqgdkzn0s9

and am scanning the engine section right now. I hope to have the upload completed soon and i'll post the link in the reference section.

hope this works.

12. Dan

Dan Member

13. 390mike

390mike New Member

thanks Dan.

Mike

14. Mugpass

Mugpass New Member

Thanks Dan

You are the harvester of everything good and to keep my truck going and going and going...love my wheels on the ranch.
    thanks again,
    Margaret

15. Mugpass

Mugpass New Member

16. Dan

Dan Member

17. Mugpass

Mugpass New Member

Thank you again!

18. Cyclone

Cyclone New Member

engine number stamp

hi, i'm a new member and have recently purchased a 1988 u15t with a 3g81 550cc supercharged engine, i am truyng to register the vehicle but cannot find the engine number stamped on the engine so they will not register it, can you help me please? thanks

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  19. Cyclone

Cyclone New Member

any hints on where on the engine i can find the engine number would be appreciated

20. slimbad

slimbad Member

Cyclone Welcome to the forum. Maybe this will be of some help.......later, slim

Attached Files:

21. Cyclone

Cyclone New Member

thanks

thanks alot. i finally got it registered