1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

alternator or electrical problems?

Discussion in 'Honda Acty References' started by CompleteLawnCare, Nov 18, 2012.

1. mallard

mallard New Member

What is that piece called....mine is broken and I need to order the whole bar in a the pictures....thanks

2. Bert Stevens

Bert Stevens Member

I've been reading through old post just to do it. Though I'd add this for other, to help future readers. When a battery get a bad cell you can tell by opening it up and probing each cell separately. start at one end, + lead from meter on post, - in the first cell touching the plates. then move across, both leads in cells, till finally last cell and post. if any are low, or 1 or more, are reversed, replace battery. Cells go bad from having AC current to them, a sign that the diodes in Alt, are bad. you can check that by test output with meter in AC setting. you may have 13-14v DC and 1-6v or more AC coming from an alternator at he same time. I once replace the diodes in my battery charger with the diode pack from an Alternator. I am find many of the part in my Acty can be found state side much cheaper. and in some of the old japanese cars I already have. Unlike the US auto makers, Japanese Auto manufacturers used the same parts from part suppliers, in all makes. much crosses over, very nice, Totoya parts in a Honda. I am still looking for a GOOD wiring diagram formy Ha4 with A/C. Has anybody seen the factory service manual written in Japaneses? I don't want a diagram of one system at a time, I want one of the whole system, all in one big drawing. I am about ready to draw my own.