1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

altering speed limiter on 2013 suzuki every?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by bigdaddy, Feb 22, 2016.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy New Member

the dealer I am using has a 45mph maximum company policy, no exceptions (lame). even tho my state law allows up to 54 mph for msv. Anyone change this setting before? seriously tho, $20,000 and u can't set it where I want it?

2. Inane2

Inane2 Member

Interesting. To be considered a small, non-road engine by EPA standards, the vehicle must be limited to 25mph. It's possible the Every is being imported differently than the kei trucks?

On the older models, it was done by a metal cage welded to the hump limiting you to first gear and reverse only. Die grinder is your friend.

After talking with one of the guys that does the EPA certifications, it looked like the automatics were getting controlled electronically.

Is this vehicle a manual transmission? I assume it's being controlled with a electronic governor vs a mechanical governor. $20K on a 13' Every narrows it down to 1-2 dealers that I can guess you're working with.

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy New Member

it sounds like it's electronic governor. hard to get a straight answer out of them even though it's perfectly legal in my state of maryland . top secret info... so how is an electronic governor bypassed?

4. Ran440

Ran440 Member

You don't. It's programmed into the computer. Good luck with that.

5. woodhe1

woodhe1 Member

Cut a wire or unhook one, it shuts the vehicle down. If you re-splice the wires or reattach, it's still shut down.