1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aloha from Kauai!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kauai Kei, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Kauai Kei

Kauai Kei Member

Nope, don't have a truck yet, but I'm in negotiations for a DD51T Carry that looks to be in decent shape. Haven't seen it in person yet, as it is located on another island.

Luckily, the truck is already has Hawaii plates, so I only have to go through half the usual paperwork and inspections. This state does not make it easy...essentially, I have to register it as a "Special Interest Vehicle" and get it inspected for any scary modifications.

From pics, it generally looks in good shape, just the bed sides are dinged up a bit, and the bed hinges appear to have a extensive layer of rust on the pins.

Yes, I have plans. Soooo many plans.

2. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

welcome, and post up when you get it!

3. Kauai Kei

Kauai Kei Member

Sometimes living on an island is kind of a pain. So, I've paid for the truck, but I have to ship it from Oahu to Kauai. In order to ship it, it has to be registered. So I have to register it on Oahu, ship it, then register it again on Kauai. But I have plenty of time, as there's a shipping backlog, and I may not be able to actually get it on a boat for a couple months. Oy!

On the other hand...it is mine!

punimog likes this.
  4. Kauai Kei

Kauai Kei Member

Got a shipping date! Truck will be on a boat headed out of Oahu on Sep 9th! So, two months to figure out what mods are legal here, and to start designing 8020 racks for the bed. (I may not ever make those racks, but can't stop thinking about them. :)