1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

all speed limiters

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet References' started by mrxsht, Mar 20, 2021.

1. mrxsht

mrxsht Member

I see there are several speed limiter on these little vehicles. And I have read that these questions have come up before,but only one at a time.So could someone tell me what,& where they are on a 92 hijet, and how to bypass them all?

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

If it was imported after it was 25-years old, it may not have any speed limiters.

3. Fatty432

Fatty432 New Member Supporting Member

Looking for advice on speed limiter 2020 D-16t. How is it bypassed?

4. shogun

shogun Active Member

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    Trev C likes this.
  5. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Your truck is new enough, that the speed limiter maybe integrated into the engine management computer, and you may need to have a new one imported from Japan.

The ones in the eighties monitored the road speed with a pickup on the transmission, and if it got too fast the control box would energize a solenoid which disrupts the flow of fuel through the main metering jet. The other part of that was, at least on the Hijets, they blocked the shift mechanism for the transfer case limiting it to low range and neutral.

6. Fatty432

Fatty432 New Member Supporting Member

limter.jpg limter2.jpg limter3.jpg limter4.jpg
    Thanks for the reply, I found it. A small box mounted just behind the air filter. 4 wires coming out of it. One goes up & is quick connected to the speedometer sensor. They spliced the pink wire that goes to the fuel pump, one in wire orange,,, out wire red. Works by cutting fuel... Easy fix Remove the device, splice the pink wire back together cut everything else. .. The blue wire is the one that goes to the quick connect under the dash, The black wire is ground...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021