1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air Filter for DB51T

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by geoffreyr66, May 23, 2009.

1. geoffreyr66

geoffreyr66 Member

Does anyone have a replacement part number for a air filter for 1991 Carry DB51T?

2. John Canfield

John Canfield Member

My 1990 Carry takes an A106 'Micro' filter (Nippon Micro Filter Co.) Your engine should be the same as mine.

Bought it from one of the site sponsors.

Those 'in the know' recommend a genuine replacement and not just a 'close fit' to avoid damaging the engine due to ingesting dust.

3. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

John is correct. Might as well suck it up and buy a original from one of the sponsors, your not going to find one at your local parts stores.

4. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Measure your filter. We have run into DB51Ts and DD51ts having different filters on occaison. Some people are calling one "5 speed" but we have seen them in both trans trucks, so I dont know how accurate that is.

On is about 5" tall, the other is about 6.25" tall.

5. ^^^ That is important to know to make sure you get the right one the first time. You probably have the A106 but I would measure just to be safe.

6. geoffreyr66

geoffreyr66 Member

john,
    The filter currently installed on my truck has the number BY25N printed on it. Dose this mean anything to anyone?

7. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Havent seen that one. All you need to know is the length though. "long or short" ?

8. John Canfield

John Canfield Member

Not to me. My filter is 5" long not including the gaskets. I have the DB-51T with a four-speed tranny.