1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air bag? Smaller steering wheel

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Darrick Cato, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Darrick Cato

Darrick Cato New Member

I just traded a atv for a 02 Suzuki Cary 4x4, and the cab is smaller than I would like, and my belly is bigger than I like. The steering wheel is in my gut hardcore. Now on older pickup trucks with the super long steering column I just put one of those tiny wheels on, but the wheel on this Suzuki looks like an air bag wheel. Does this thing have an air bag? Has anyone ever put a smaller diameter wheel on one of these?

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Some of the Kei vehicles came with Air Bags along with Anti-lock Brakes and some did not depending where in the world the target market was for the vehicle. You might go to megazip or other parts sites and do some searching with your exact chassis number.

Don't remember where at exactly, but somewhere on this site, I do remember there was a thread not too long ago about some member doing some remounting of the upper steering column to get some belly or knee clearance. Can you move the seat mounting to the rear?

Fred

3. Darrick Cato

Darrick Cato New Member

I don't think the seat goes back any further than it is.

4. Darrick Cato

Darrick Cato New Member

Where do I find the chassis number? I've got some paper work I guess I could start there.