1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aftermarket wheels

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry References' started by Ravk, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Ravk

Ravk Member

I was looking for information on my '90 Suzuki for aftermarket wheels. Since there was no hard info, here it is:

Bolt pattern: 4 X 4.5" (114.3 mm)
    Offset: 37 (do not go over, rubs on the springs)

Check that you have at the most 5" from the inside if the mounting flange to the inside rim edge. Anything more than 5" you will have rubbing issues with the tires on the springs.

If you are going over 13", check to see if the tires rub the frame or body when turning hard.

I am running 14" X 6" mags, 195 65 r14 winter tires, no lift. The tires rub on hard turns and when I hit a hard bump up front. Rears are not rubbing, even with a moderate load. This will be eliminated with a lift kit or spring replacement.

The speedo is out by 15%, braking is not compromised but does require a little longer distance, and I can still make 5 gear without slowing (except on hills).

Hope this helps!

Robert

2. Sideways86

Sideways86 New Member

this is awesome info! I'm looking into possibly picking up a Carry. not sure on exact year yet but i have identified it as a 10th gen Suzuki Carry