1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aftermarket steering wheel install

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by danish, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Ravk

Ravk Member

The best way I have done it was to bring in the steering wheel to the custom shop (JB, Mopac etc.) and match them up. Sometimes you get lucky.

Robert

2. zardoz

zardoz Member

Look at the first post...

danish most certainly said he was driving a "Carry", if I'm not mistaken ... zuki is the only manufacturer that brands a truck as a Carry. Slashin folks that are trying to help will only convince them to keep the little jewels of knowledge to themselves...

z

3. Stuff99

Stuff99 Active Member Staff Member

I would love to find a smaller wheel for my toyota, just i would miss that space age 80's horn button! lol. it would be nice for a wheel that is a bit smaller diameter, bit thicker to hold on to and sticks out more, kinda like a "craiger" wheel i got in my regal.

and for the gas pedal thing, mine has a screw under the pedal that you can adjust for setting your "cruise control" at highway speed. it effectively works as a limiter. Also since mine is diesel, i have an idle adjustment knob. can idle it up quite a bit.

4. WELDER

WELDER Member

I just installed a racing wheel I had laying around here in my Sambar pickup. I used a Grant adapter kit. I can grab some numbers off it if anyone wants, just shoot me a pm.

5. Fordmxracer

Fordmxracer New Member

So the adaptor kit from grant 4510 will NOT work. I currently have grant searching for a kit that will fit. The shank is 5/8” and there are 36 teeth. I will inform what I find

6. Fordmxracer

Fordmxracer New Member

Here a pic if the 4510 kit

Attached Files:

7. Fordmxracer

Fordmxracer New Member

Grants 3390 kit works. No room for washer but the nut does run down.

8. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

5/8 doesn’t sound right. How did you measure it?

Just about everything on a minitruck is metric. 16-mm sounds more like a probable size.

If you search eBay, and set the location to worldwide, you may have better luck.

9. Fordmxracer

Fordmxracer New Member

You may be righ
    you may be right on the exact size but I am currently running the 3390 adaptor and grant wheel with no noticeable play. The size is slightly smaller than 5/8, hence having to play around with 3 different adaptors. I have not figured out the horn deal yet so I just pulled the fuse. There is an adaptor specifically for this truck that you can order from japan that costs like $25+ $60+ in shipping. I learned about it after the fact but no harm since the grant Adaptor was like $18 on amazon