1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aftermarket Fuel filter?

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by thefuzz783, Oct 30, 2008.

1. thefuzz783

thefuzz783 Member

Anyone know of an aftermarket fuel filter for a 1998 Sambar? I did a search and couldn't find anything.

2. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Is that EFI'd or carb'd?

3. thefuzz783

thefuzz783 Member

Mine is carb'd.

4. swampfox

swampfox Member

Mine is a '91 carbed Sambar. I took the filter off (up under the passenger side rear bed) and just went to the parts store and found one almost like it hanging on the display.

5. swampfox

swampfox Member

By the way, everything need not be oem Sambar to keep one of these things running. Some jury-rigging can be done. I've already spent too much on parts that have to be ordered from out of state or Canada at very high prices. If the cute little truck ends up having to go to the shredder because I'm driving it (state-tagged) on the highways of Mississippi, I'd much rather it have cheaper parts on board.

6. Rural

Rural Member

Wow. I wouldn't think a '98 would be carb'd, but what I think is usually wrong.

My '91 Sambar accepts a NAPA #3204 fuel filter. I'm told that the barbs are bit bigger than on the true-blue Subaru part. Just a bit more fiddling to get it on/off.

If you don't have a NAPA nearby, Swampfox is right that you could probably just pull the part out at the parts store and let them find something close.

7. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Some Justy's might use the same filter as the carb'd Sambar

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009