1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After market carb installed

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Tripthyme, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Tripthyme

Tripthyme Active Member Supporting Member

I got it in and believe my vacuum lines are correct... believe. Still no fire. He wanted to start. What have you guys done as far as tuning the carb or did it start and you tuned from there? And just to be sure where did you run your vacuum lines?

2. JMM

JMM Member

Did you go with a new, manual choke carb? (Not to rub it in my mine did fire right up--but tuning it was a PITA.) To state the obvious stuff you've probably already thought of...check that all the passages and jets are clear. Years back, I had a brand new snowblower carb that was full of factory crap and wouldn't even cough until I cleaned it. While you're at it, check the jets--I've heard stories of the aftermarket ones being sent with very different jet sizes than stock.

Maybe also check the float to make sure it's moving freely. Sorry bud, no great ideas here, just running the basics through my little brain.

3. Tripthyme

Tripthyme Active Member Supporting Member

I did go with the manual choke. Same one as you. Running through the vacuum diagram and comparing it to where I currently have lines I found 3 errors. All new lines but I never did check the check valves... say that 5 times fast. Haha. I swapped to the oem carbs jet from the beginning. I'm going to start by correcting the lines I miss placed and checking the check valves.
    I do not take that as rubbing it in my face one bit as a matter of fact I'm very happy for you! I will get there.
    Also comparing my original pictures with my diagram it started with a couple errors. This isn't surprising considering the back story to my mini. Guy that i actually work with rebuilt it and he... ill just say "goes fast". Great guy still..
    On the phone with grimports I got a bit more info on my truck since its been in this area 10 years. Got some info on the suzukis I have been parting out as well. All in thier systems and from the people I got them from. Kinda cool and interesting.