1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After FINALLY importing my Hijet S110P, it wouldn't properly start. I did this...

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by dredso3, Oct 11, 2022.

1. dredso3

dredso3 New Member

After a disaster of an experience importing my 1995 Daihatsu Hijet at the Baltimore sea terminal, I added these extra parts just so the truck would continually start. Is this OK?:

Could I have done something else?

OKei likes this.
  2. shogun

shogun Active Member

good idea such battery post conversion post converters/USA terminals. Started super smooth after the conversion
    Pease add your Hijet model+ engine details as signature, easier for us to help you in the future, see my signature as example. Go to top right>>> click your user name>>new window will open>>>click signature

3. dredso3

dredso3 New Member

Thanks. Will do.

4. OKei

OKei New Member

I have the same model car here in Japan but not as good condition as its a workhorse for abuse and severe use
    My only obstacle are the wheel stud pattern otherwise they are one of the best cars for their class.
    The Daihatsu have better gearboxes than suzuki, mitsubishi and honda, very economical engines which
    have better designs than the rest of its belt driven competition.
    Very courageous effort importing one to the USA specially with those bozos charging you again, typical pirates on the ports.
    You couldnt use a bicycle as its not considered a vehicle etc.

dredso3 likes this.
  5. dredso3

dredso3 New Member

Indeed. So awesome you have experienced so many generations of these cool trucks.