1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on first purchase......

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by 66Spitfire, Jan 16, 2020.

1. 66Spitfire

66Spitfire New Member

Looking to buy my first Suzuki carry.... want 4x4 with 13” wheel upgrades and not sure what year to get for least problems and best available parts.... thinking the gas one might be better than a diesel for availability also hear diesel is underpowered.... any thoughts with replies and pics or first hand knowledge from long term owners and restorers.......... I’ll be moving to Phillipines and want to get one ... thanks all

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

I answered your introduction post and now I see you are not actually here yet. Have you been here before? This is a completely different world than the states( I have lived here for somewhat more than 5 years after visiting quite a few times. I am married to a Filipina and live in Iloilo City on Panay Island.

Fred

3. 66Spitfire

66Spitfire New Member

Yes I’ve been 2 times I am married as well . Batangas near Lipa city is where I’ll be....

4. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

My Asawa's 4th son's 2nd Asawa is from Batangas so I have far flung inlaw/outlaw relatives there. I've never been there. Lived with a gal in Lucena for a time quite few years ago. Hope her people are doing ok with the eruption of Taal.

Since that is quite a bit closer and on the same Island as Manila, the dealer and the parts situation should be somewhat better than where I am.

My thoughts would be for you to just do as much reading & absorbing as possible, then upon arrival to look around to see what is available as there are a lot of dealers both new & used in the Manila area. I would also recommend to not make any comittment nor send any funds prior to arrival as there are just too many scams/shady deals floating around to take any chance. They will tell you anything to make a sale, there is no such thing as 'Customer Service' in this country and no recourse if scammed. You have to do your own Due Diligence for any purchase. Once paid, it's a done deal, Period.

Fred