1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by hatch, Jul 5, 2013.

1. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Thats good new about the noise.
    The carbs. can be a PITA sometimes.
    Sometimes its as simple as pulling it off and cleaning it and sometimes you can do that 10 x and it doesnt do anything. I started out by sending our carbs.
    to Hiteparts.com and having them rebuild them.
    They do a fantastic job. Like new condition. About week and a half to two week turn around. Comes out to be around 350.00 with shipping.
    Sometime ago I needed a Honda carb. and called everyone I know in the mini truck business and could not fine one here in the states. After spending 3 days hunting for it I ordered a factory rebuild from Yokohama Motors in Japan. Got here in four days and with shipping is was about the same price if Hite Parts did it.
    Havnt tried G & R yet but might at 275.00 a pop. Then again 65.00 + - and you can get factory rebuild straight from Japan.
    All depends on what side of the bed you get out of in the morning.

2. hatch

hatch Member

Well i called Hite Parts and they have gone up because they told me like $375 - 425. I asked the guy if they pressure checked the carb and he said they didn't they just checked vacuums on the ports (I can do that) Anyways I have a carb i rebuilt that i may just slap on and see. Im also thinking that it may be sucking air between the carb and the insulator/intake.

3. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

Have you checked with Don at Yokohama Motors? Last I heard he was getting about $325 for a new carb.,no core.I've bought some stuff from them and they are really good to deal with. Also there is the new outfit here in Ca. called 5 points Mini Trucks,they sound hungry and ready to do business.

4. hatch

hatch Member

how do i check with him? do you have an email address for him?

5. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

Just google Yokohama Motors. They are sponsors here I think and Don posts from time to time as Don in Japan.

6. hatch

hatch Member

Guys I'm at a loss. Engine runs great but just tends to run hot and purges the radiator. Blown head gasket or stopped up radiator? Also no heat at all. Hate to pull head if it's the radiator.

7. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

I've had to replace 2 Suzuki radiators and I took one of the old ones apart to try to rod it out and couldn't get anywhere with that,it was just plugged too tight.I got mine from Yokohama Motors at just over $300 each delivered.

8. TRAX and HORNS

A cheap easy solution to try first is Prestone
    Radiator flush. Do one treatment and a 2nd one if needed..
    See if that helps, if not then go to plan B.

9. TRAX and HORNS

On 2nd thought blowing back through radiator might have a little leak on head gasket.
    White smoke at exhaust and sweet smell if you have 50/50 coolant in system would indicate
    head gasket problem.
    Regardless radiator most likely needs some attention.