1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acty brake lights always on - solved

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by shogun, Jul 29, 2020.

1. shogun

shogun Active Member

On my Acty V-HA-3 the brake lights was always on. First I thought the problem is the brake light switch, but when I removed that (easy access, no need to take off any cover, just need a 14mm wrench) I found some plastic parts on the floor under the brake pedal. Checked for the remains and found some plastic on the upper portion of the brake pedal, as this part was broken, there was a hole in the brake pedal and the brake light switch pin was not pushed in when releasing the brake pedal.
    Off to the local Honda dealer, they had it on stock, Honda p/n 46505-SA5-000, Pad, Pedal Stop, pic and location
    https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~pad~pedal~stopper~46505-sa5-000.html
    https://tas-net.hatenablog.com/entry/2019/10/24/214817
    Easy for you to get locally, used in many Honda like Acura, Accord, Civic etc, also availble from Dorman p/n 74015, MTC 1010791
    while waiting for the part, got coffee and cookies as usual in a Honda dealer here in Japan, bad deal for the dealer, I paid Yen 150 = less than $1.50.
    Nice people there, talked to them about a new truck and brochures, they told me that next year Honda will stop selling/producing Mini trucks. That was new to me, but I checked on the net and here it is confirmed https://www.jdmbuysell.com/buying-guide/honda-acty/
    " In 2021, Honda will stop producing the might Acty as new regulations are making it very hard for the company to turn a profit on these pint-sized workhorses."
    Maybe a good chance to buy one of the last production year, I assume they will make some special sales actions next year.
    My 1997 built Acty Truck has now only 67492 km on the clock, still goes strong, but maybe I sell it to a dealer for export. Bought it 10 years ago with 12.000 km only.

2. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

Had one come in from Japan with a really dead battery and when I jumped it after getting out of the container I noticed the brake lights on Thought it was the switch but I could depress it and they would turn off that’s when I found the same crumbed plastic piece on the floor causing the same problem not allowing the switch to be depressed to turn off the lights when in the off position sometimes it’s good when it’s just something cheap and simple

3. shogun

shogun Active Member

Reminds me. 1 point I wanted to mention for info, you cannot drive/start the engine with a not working/disconnected brake light switch.
    When I wanted to drive to the dealer to buy the part I still had the brake light switch disconnected from the wire plug. Could not start the engine, could not switch the automatic gear. So I just connected the switch again to the plug and let it dangling there, Brake lights always on, but I could start the engine and drive to the dealer. After I got the pedal stop I assembled all there at the dealer parking lot correctly, just a matter of minutes.