1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acty AC parts?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by geauxtigers, Sep 5, 2020.

1. geauxtigers

geauxtigers New Member

The AC in my '94 Acty no longer cools. In the event that I need parts, does anyone know if any AC components are shared with a similar vintage Civic or other Honda models? If so, they would be much easier to source locally. Any help is appreciated.

2. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

I’d look into why it’s not working anymore ( most likely it a leak ether small or big ) and go from there . If it’s an older R12 system ( 94 was a hit or miss year on the changeover) you’ll most likely want to upgrade it to R134a . If have a line leaking and it’s something like a bad rubber hose look for a A/C repair shop that can make replacement lines , take the old one with you and they can use the original fittings and replace the rubber hoses ( did this with a Nissan Patrol with a rubbed thru high pressure line ) .
    Compressors can be rebuilt if you can’t find a replacement the guts are mostly the same between most models by the same manufacturer but different mounting tabs and housings .
    Another thing I remembered is the evap core is under the drivers seat ( easily to remove to get to ) and probably filthy . They had a foam filter covering the air intake that is most likely turned to dust if it’s even still there (If so then clogged solid)
    You clean that up and the condenser check /refill the charge it should make you very happy with the results

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    Jigs-n-fixtures and Limestone like this.
  3. geauxtigers

geauxtigers New Member

Great information! I will follow your advice. Thanks - Jerry