1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A "what if" thread...

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Stuff99, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

would it be possible to take the 1.6L 4cyl out of a 92 subaru loyale and put it into a mini truck? just thinking it might be like the german one...

what do you guys think?

2. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

It would be wicked.

3. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

I believe that Colin has been working on something similar. But he doesn't post on here as much lately. :(

4. Stuff99

hmm cause i have access to a free 92 loyale. we sold it years ago to some guy, they took the motor out, put in a new one. but to my understanding its rusted out or something.. have to go get it some day and see what the whole story is. but figured that motor might be nice in a subaru :D

5. Stuff99

ok to clear it up like mud :D

1992 Subaru Loyale - donates motor (4cyl boxer engine 1.6L)

+random Subaru mini truck with blown motor - receives motor

+ ???

= profit!!

6. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Hmmm. I know where there is a random Subaru dumper with a bad motor.

7. Acerguy

ROAD TRIP!! :D

8. Stuff99

LOL that would be too cool to do :D

btw link just takes me to google maps

9. Acerguy

Dang it. I was a trip from Estevan to Saskatoon all laid out for ya. :p

10. Stuff99

lol if im going to stoon for a run id be taking my bus up there to get the darn door fixed and then find a way to bring that suub home lol

11. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Well, it DOES run and drive. Just not so well. My thoughts are it may not make it to the edge of town though!

KNOCKITY KNOCK

12. Stuff99

ah, a HAMMER TIME truck? lol

13. Stuff99

well the subaru loyale has made the trip home. dad wants the tires/rims for his truck lol. all new + old set in the hatch.

It is not nearly as rusted as my dad said it was. it has some fender issue and a couple doors have the bottom issue but nothing too bad i think.

Anyhow the Alternator is gone!! got it home, popped the hood to see if there was a battery and how it looked under and i was like "hello.. the alternator is gone" And the guy that gave it to us said the tranny is gone. one cold -40 morning he fired it up to go to hockey and said he didnt let it warm up and it wouldnt go. so i dunno if it is the tranny or clutch..

motor is a EA82 (non turbo) looks like this but the alt is missing

EDIT- ohh.. i think the water pump is missing to...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010