1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A surprise with the FM radio

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Mark Semeraro, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Rcooper917

Rcooper917 Member

How were you able to tell ? And is it possible for me to get the parts book that you are referring too?

2. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Member

There is a physical book that exists, but they are exceedingly hard to find. I personally have a copy of the Subaru FAST-II Electronic Parts Catalog program for the Japanese market. This is the same program that the dealers use to look up parts. The version for the Japanese market is completely in Japanese, not a lick of English to be found anywhere, but I know enough about this program to get by.

This is what comes up for the initial vehicle information when I search for your VIN. It shows things like Applied Model (the KS4C32N), build date, color, model type, transmission type, engine type, etc. I have highlighted the build date in this screenshot.

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 8.05.25 AM.png

3. Maximal

Maximal Member

if you want you can hardwire it, i ended up doing that on my 91 because i ordered the plug converter for the single harness. i ended up doing the same thing on my 97 with the single harness, just basic ground/switched 12v/constant 12v/speakers

4. Rcooper917

Rcooper917 Member

I ordered the double connector. Ill just wait for it to arrive.I hate running new wires or splicing unless absolutely necessary. But thanks for the reply