1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a little more comfort

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by fupabox, Apr 7, 2010.

1. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Love my truck,and I love my comfort,so it was time to give the little bugger a touch of class..and what says classy more than a wood dash and some soundproofing?.....actually a lot of things do.....but this is my cheapo version..covered the gauge surround and centre stack in matte finish burlwood,still had a ton left so I did the steering wheel spokes (not sure I like it tho) and the shift knob(only part of it) still got a few metres left so I may do the dog if I can get him to sit still:p...pulled out the carpets and door panels and sprayed rubberized sound deadener inside the doors and on the footwells..once dry I coated the footwells in a quick blast of simulated spray on fleck stone ...the door sills on my truck kept getting boot scratches on the top side so I glued on some really tough conveyor belt material I had sitting around..may actually get the girlfriend in here now...maybe I should have left it as it was :confused: hhmm...anyhow heres some shots and a few polished for spring shots.

Attached Files:

2. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Looks great! Love it!

3. renchjeep

renchjeep Member

Awesome job! Any way to do the same to my 94 Mitsu? Oh, that's right, I have bar doors! Damn! Anyone have a pair of doors to donate to my "quiet quest"?

4. fupabox

thanks guys...any thots good or bad on the steering wheel?? im not sure I like it

5. renchjeep

renchjeep Member

I LOVE it! If you could continue the woodgrain onto the left side dash, all the way around the vent/or not vent on the left, it would look like a Lexus! All the "bling", without all the $$$ spent! Awesome! Mine is a bit more utilitarian, and a bit beat up, but it would be nice to see something a bit more "classy" in the interior. For the afore mentioned girlfriend/wife appreciation factor! Chicks dig woodgrain, it just looks classy, even if we guys are not. I need another Bud Light............

6. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Quote of the day right there, folks! :D

7. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

I like it!

i find more then where you put the conveyor belt is that i get the doors kicked open by passengers.. need to find some of that spray on rubber stuff i guess.

8. tob

tob Member

Touch of Class

I love it, looks good

9. very nice :)

10. BigJoel

BigJoel Member

Looks real good man. I wish my interior were gray. Mine is that lovely goat crap brown color.. Is that center console with the cup holders stock, or is that something you added? I'd def like to try and find one. I never realized how convenient cup holders were til i got a truck without them. haha

11. fupabox

12. BigJoel

BigJoel Member

Thanks for the link. Sometimes i just seem to forget that search button is even up there.

13. blakkmoon

blakkmoon Member

Wow everything looks great!
    I know you posted it a while back, but I just found it.

Had to spend tons of time looking for your post on the seats.
    http://www.minitrucktalk.com/showthread.php?p=36504

I am going to be looking for something similar now.
    Really need a little more comfort.