1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

97 Daihatsu Super Jumbo

Discussion in 'Mini Truck Spottings' started by TRAX and HORNS, Sep 10, 2011.

1. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Went to a auction today and tried my best to pick this one up. Factory extened cab with ac. Full body lift with 30" tires. Notice the aftermarket side panels on the side. Seems like I saw one just like it a year or two ago somwhere but cant remember.
    Pretty cool puppy.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  2. downhere

downhere Member

Wow!!! That thing looks amazing! I wonder what it went for?

3. TRAX and HORNS

Hopefully I am the new owner now. It did not meet the reserve price through the sale. I made a after the sale bid and the owner wants to talk about it. I'll know something later today.

4. fupabox

fupabox Active Member

me= jealous :D sweet truck

5. TRAX and HORNS

I hope this is a sign of living right. The owner took my offer after the auction. Went to get it this afternoon and it is in my possesion.
    Couple of things need some attention. We'll do the repairs and keep it for this hunting season and it will be for sale Jan 2012.
    It looks like 4" full body lift and wearing 30" tires. Looks like who ever built it did it right. They lowered everything up front and tilted the rear diff. about 2". It appears that the rear drive shaft needs to be about 3/4" longer, maybe a 1".

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  6. TRAX and HORNS

Herw's a few pictures of the front end.

Attached Files:

7. That is a VERY nice rig....

I'll be going through Austin in a few weeks headed to the ranch where I hunt west of Brady.

Can I borrow it for the weekend?

8. TRAX and HORNS

It has a really nice air intake assy.
    Everything I have can be borrowed for a small fee in today standards..

Attached Files:

9. TRAX and HORNS

My mistake I screwed up.

Attached Files:

10. fupabox

fupabox Active Member

We all hate you at the moment:D..kidding of course...that donaldson filter set-up is pretty sweet..it that rollbar factory spec on the super-jumbo?...the only thing I think I would change is the struts...so much more suspension travel/ride compliance could be freed up by fitting a longer strut/spring...that set-up does however,maintain the stock camber,but I would think it might cause some undue stress at the upper mounting bolts..no straight line of force from the strut bottom to the top

11. Little Digger

Little Digger Member

Love at first sight

I am in LOVE, I want another truck so bad and I think you have IT !!!!!!!!! I am going to build those side cover's for my carry. SWEET

12. autopat

autopat New Member

Nice acquisition, that truck looks bad-***!

Pat

13. Little Digger

Little Digger Member

Can't stop dreaming

You are killing me !! I just can't stop looking at your truck, I can just see me shoving a mid engine DIESEL in it. I just might be going south the first of the year.

14. TRAX and HORNS

Honestly, Ian drove it the other day and said the tires are robbing way to much H.P. I havnt got a chance to drive it yet but thats what I was thinking when I first saw it. We will most likely knock it down a little and go with some 24" tires. 30's are just to big.
    It will still be a cool ride when its all said and done.

15. Little Digger

Little Digger Member

Ya when I saw the pix that was my first thought, But the big rubber ads the cool look, It is a good looking truck.

16. TRAX and HORNS

I did drive it today on the pavement and that puppy is rough. The lugs are to far apart on the tires and you can feel every one of them (clop,clop,clop). Off road it might ok. But its not for us. After talking about it we decided to go with our favorite tire, AMS Swamp Fox 25" maybe a 26". I really thought the 30's would have robbed more power than they did but it wasnt to bad. Truck ran through the gears ok. I think Ian was over reacting a little bit when he said it was weak in H.P.

17. netwkconsulting

netwkconsulting New Member

Keep us posted. I would be interested in buying when you are ready to sale. This means I have to get rid of my 98 Sambar tho. Wife would have a problem if I took up her spot in garage and put her Lexus outside. hehe!!:pop: