1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

96' Mitsubishi minicab

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by lowTrac, Apr 20, 2011.

1. lowTrac

lowTrac New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    bought this last week, I have added a set of AFCO 275lb. springs to the front, and a pair of 25x8x12 Swampwitch tires to the rear. I am going to put some more on the front when i get it lifted some more. I plan to put a front and rear reciever hitch, winch, and some other stuff.
    I was wondering if somebody could tell me where is the best place to get a strut spacer w/camber correction?

2. Vitnzjp

Vitnzjp Member

good one. looks very tidy. congratulations

3. lowTrac

lowTrac New Member

thanks yeah it is in great shape! I have really enjoyed having it since i bought it!!!

4. lowTrac

lowTrac New Member

so where is the best place to buy some spacers that have the camber adjustment built into them? I called bullydog today they want $600+ for there kit! which i am sure is a really nice kit but i don't really want to spend that much for a lift kit...

5. lowTrac

lowTrac New Member

6. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

7. Meesho

Meesho Member

Thanks for posting. Do you have a part number for the springs??

8. lowTrac

lowTrac New Member

AFCO 23275 is what i used, but i am 6'4" 315lbs. and i intend to put a heavy duty front bumper with a winch. so i went for the 275lb. springs. I think from what i have read most people are using the 10" 250lb. springs.
    http://www.speedwaymotors.com/AFCO-Yellow-2-5-8-ID-Coilover-Springs,24517.html
    I bought my springs from this seller and they shipped them next day for standard shipping price!!! ***search google for a coupon i saved $10 on shipping***

I have noticed my struts seem to top out on the pass. side when driving offroad, i have a 2" lift kit w/camber adjustment on order from allied accessories, when it comes in i am thinking about cutting a half round off my springs to try to stop some of the knocking sound from the struts being topped out.

9. Who makes that toolbox. Im looking for one for suzuki should be the same size bed.

10. lowTrac

lowTrac New Member

it is a delta brand not sure what model? it leaks water when it rains though, may try some weatherstripping around the lids, i don't really like the way it attaches to the rails i would prefer one that mounts to the bed floor so the bedsides can still be folded down

11. lowTrac

lowTrac New Member

[​IMG]
    out doing some offroading today, 2" lift came in today, should get it on in a few days and go back to the tire shop for 2 more tires

12. Yea im getting mine next week, bulldog offroad is building mine a 98 green suzuki with 4in lift heavy springs, snorkel, and 27in maxxis zilla tires. The zilla tires are good on atvs because theyre half the weight of others. 27in aint but 36lbs.

13. stumper

stumper Member

Be curious to see how the zillas hold up to the weight of the truck. They are not the strongest tire since they are so thin to cut weight. We run them for mud racing on the quads and they hold up ok,only seen one come apart. I have a set of 28 in Mudzillas I have on my Ute and they are TERRIBLE as far as punctures.:frustration:

14. yea i got a set of 27''x9.50 outlaw for the mud circiuts. I was trying to save power for highway use with zillas. how muchwater can these trucks stand. Thanks

15. lowTrac

lowTrac New Member

i am going to run carlisle's on the front, due to the weight... the swamp witch tires are doing fine on the rear for now, they do squat some when i load the bed down, but i need this truck for going around the farm and hunting, so i won't be loading the rear very heavy. I didn't know about the weight issue for these trucks when i bought those tires so I probably will go with the carlisle's on the rear next time.
    I got the 2" lift put on yesterday, after i get the tires put on the front i will take another pic to show how much difference it made...

16. stumper

stumper Member

Let me know how they hold up on the highway,I was gonna try them on my Brute for the street, but didnt wanna where out a good set of tires. Best mud/street tire I have found so far are Swamp fox 26'' . They are heavy, but last forever!!!

Sorry for the thread hijack

17. lowTrac

lowTrac New Member

ok so i am looking for some tires to go on the front, i want to put some 25-8-12's but i can't find any with a higher load rating than 350lb @ 7 psi. Could someone please tell me what i should look for?

18. greg0187

19. greg0187

20. lowTrac

lowTrac New Member

thanks greg for the quick response, i thought i was looking for a tire that had ~1400lbs rating, but now i know i had that confused with the gvwr. so i ordered some carlisle 489 A/T's for the front they are rated @420lbs. hopefully they won't squat too much....

21. greg0187

No problem. Make sure you run the same size on the front and rear or you'll bind up your transfer case. ;)

22. lowTrac

lowTrac New Member

yeah i have 25x8x12's in the rear now and i am putting the same on the front, I knew it wouldn't be good to run it in 4wd without the front and rear o.d. tire sizes same, but good lookin out anyway!