1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

96 Hijet S110P Restoration Progress

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Christopher a botta, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Metal work, glaze and prime coming along... anticipate WO9 paint color being sprayed by August 25th. Going with original Gray trim color using SEM Gray Trim spray with Urethane WO( single stage for the color... Starblasting all detail edges so every last 1/4 " is clean and sprayed.. Considering wheel wells original however frame and A/C unit to be non-marring satin black

Attached Files:

• d1.jpg
      d1.jpg
      File size:
      51.2 KB
      Views:
    • d2.jpg
      d2.jpg
      File size:
      488.6 KB
      Views:
    • d3.jpg
      d3.jpg
      File size:
      449.6 KB
      Views:
    • d4.jpg
      d4.jpg
      File size:
      429.9 KB
      Views:
    • d5.jpg
      d5.jpg
      File size:
      641.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Hi Folks,

is there a trick to uploading images on the site? I am attempting to upload several progress photos however the site states" file too large - server unable" The site says 25MB maximum allowed however the files uploading don't exceed 700KB.. any pointers out here from our more tech savy memebers?

3. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Active Member

I look forward to seeing the results of your restoration. I just bought a 1996 Hijet. I wanted a Climber with air conditioning but settled for a good deal on an Appare (TwinCam 12V with Hi/Lo transfer case). The frame looks immaculate and the body looks good with only a few little scuffs. I'm thinking of spraying the entire Hijet, inside and out, with gray Raptor bed liner for a tough off road ready finish that hides little flaws in the body. My efforts won't be nearly as nice as your restoration project, but should be fun.

4. ha, yours sounds awesome really... I did a vehicle like that and it came out way cool... you can custom mix colors in some manufacturer stipple finishes too... getting the cool and inexpensive spray guns makes it easy... just put down plenty of tarps :) my email is mycontactguy@gmail.com... shoot me an email if you'd like the English language service manual... its too large a file to upload on here... and I'll send you some progress photos to help put you to sleep -

cheers,cb

Liberty4Ever likes this.
  5. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Active Member

Awesome! Thank you!

I was planning on turning down the pressure with the bed liner spray gun to get a heavier coat and a more textured surface in the pickup bed and turning the pressure up for everywhere else to get a less textured surface and a lighter coat. I'd probably paint everything that could be readily seen including the outer frame sections, but pull off the plastic trim pieces, fix any scratches or gouges and paint them with something like black or a dark gray Krylon Fusion paint that's formulated for plastics. Yeah... a rattle can spray job. :eek: