1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

95 Suzuki DD51T

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Slowride, Dec 24, 2021.

1. Slowride

Slowride New Member

Hello
    I a mini truck owner! Out of Covington Washington. This forum was very helpful in guiding my search thank you all. Had it a week, too busy to do more then an oil change, plugs, air filter and pop the wheels off to check brakes. So far I can find nothing wrong. Tracked down some craigslist 175/65R14 Snow tires 23 dia. hoping to fit them without a lift at this point. Finding used wheels is turning out to be a challenge came with 4 on 114.3 but tracking this stuff down is part of the fun. Actually put it to work today gassing moles. 20211224_115829.jpg

installater and punimog like this.
  2. Slowride

Slowride New Member

Had to take diff lock off my profile.
    Was reading on here last night and realized I'm another victim of axle lock vs diff lock confusion, bummer.
    So if the axle lock engages every time you go into 4wd can you run on 4wd low and turn the axle lock off to get low 2wd.
    My old F-250 has manual locking hubs and this ability to run in low 2wd really helps coming down long steep logging roads without cooking brakes.
    By the way Merry Christmas to every one.

3. punimog

punimog Member

Nice looking truck! I have a '94 Carry with the round headlights and live just down the way from you in Renton.
    Did those 23" tires end up working out for all the recent snow?

4. Slowride

Slowride New Member

Thanks I like the round head lights. Just seems right on these trucks.
    Didn't get the 23" tires on yet but did get the rims I needed yesterday.
    The rims came with 24" tires so I put them on to see how things fit.
    See post "24 in tire work on 95 Carry" in Carry section.
    Did you get to play in the snow with your Suzuki?

punimog likes this.
  5. punimog

punimog Member

Cool, I will have to check that out. No snow yet, I was in Mexico all last week and just got home last night. Looking to take her out today on my new stock size Toyo Open Country R/Ts

6. Slowride

Slowride New Member

Not sure which one makes me more envious.
    Being in Mexico or having tires on my truck to play in the snow.