1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

95 Hijet - Tinkering away and upgrades

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Tree_Mafia, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Tree_Mafia

Tree_Mafia New Member

Hello! First post but long time stalker here on the forum. Finally got the litte guy and what a fun truck! I am hoping to keep this thread updated as to what I do and hopefully post new info to help others or at least have it noted here to help me remember!

Project 1: Battery
    The old lead acid had to go and a new AGM went in. Luckily the Prius has a battery that fits and has the same terminals! Its a little bigger so I will need to extend the rod holding the battery in but no changes to the box or cables. 1015202035~2.jpg
    Battery part number is a 9A51P.

Project 2: New Radio - cheap Android head unit off of Amazon. Double din screen size, touch screen fits perfectly in in the old Radio location. Stock radio was a clarion. One speaker and minimal wires to splice into. Wires were as follows:
    Red: Always hot
    Red w/White tracer: Illumination
    Blue: Ignition
    White w/Black tracer: Ground

Insert picture here.

Will add speakers and install details here.

Project 3: Tachometer

Glow shift multi cylinder. Install super easy. 4 wires, 3 of which you can find in the radio harness. The last one is the signal wire from the coil. The coil has 2 wires. My 95 has a black and a blue. The blue is the signal wire to splice into.

Insert photo here.

2. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Tree,
    Welcome! Glad to see your info in your Profile, Signature! That helps us! I can't wait to see more pic's! I'm interested to hear what you have planned for your Mini! Good Luck!
    Limestone

3. Cactuarizard

Cactuarizard New Member

I know it’s been like four years but keep it coming bruv

4. HoJet

HoJet New Member

what double din did you get? im looking at the super cheap $50-100 ones on amazon and want to install a back up cam for obsticals offroad. mine came with an oldschool cd/tapedeck double din but it doesnt turn on so im not sure if i need to do some wiring ir if the unit is fried(or its fuse), but my headlights wont turn on at all so im certain i have some electrical demons to sort out
    did you ever get more pics? on me end i can only see the picture of your battery