1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

95 Hi jet VIN

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Simmsie, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Simmsie

Simmsie New Member

Hello everyone! New to the forum and a new owner of a S110P. I was wondering if someone might be able to shed some light for me on the VIN format. I took my truck into the mechanic to get a safety done on it so I can register it here in Ontario. The mechanic was a little confused because the paperwork that came with it from BC stated the VIN was S110P-069358 and he said it should be a 17 digit number. I’ve done some searching around and I’m finding some conflicting info, a lot of sites I’ve looked at say it should in fact be a 17 digit number. I’ve checked both the manufacturers information plate on the vehicle as well as the stamping under the drivers seat. Both match the number I mentioned above. Can anyone tell me if that is in fact the VIN or should I look somewhere else? Also, can anyone tell by that number what year my truck is? Paperwork all states 1995 but the number leads me to believe it’s a 93.

2. William Turner

William Turner New Member

That is the correct VIN. Japan doesn't use the 17 digit on the Kei imports. I had a little trouble with my insurance company over the same problem but I guess they accepted it on the third time.

3. Simmsie

Simmsie New Member

Ok great thanks for your response!