1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'94 Daihatsu Lift and New Wheels/Tires

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by tdrich7, May 27, 2020.

1. tdrich7

tdrich7 Member

Hey all,

New to the forum here, just picked up a '94 Daihatsu Dump Truck about a month ago. Definitely looking for a little more clearance. Going to be used on the farm a lot but also want to be able to take it on the road.

Here's what I'm currently considering:

-Afco 250# 10" springs
    -2" Lift Kit from G & R Imports
    -25 x 8 x 12 Mongrel tires DOT approved 10 ply (https://www.pureoffroad.com/gbc-kanati-mongrel-10-ply-tires.htm)
    -12x7" wheels

I know I will probably have to make some fender modifications with the 25" wheel, but I think I should be good to go otherwise with the heavier springs and 2" lift.

Does anyone have any recommendations for wheel back-spacing whether I should go with 5x2 or 4x3? I know a lot of people might use spacers with the 5x2 to get the bolt pattern right, but from what I've read I should be good to go with the 4x110 for a Daihatsu so I won't have any extra spacing there, so I'm wondering if it might be better off going with the 4x3 out of caution, but I also want as much wheel under the truck as possible.

After all of that does anyone have any advice or know of any problems I might be running into with all this? Much appreciated.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  2. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

tdrich,
    Welcome, and Good Luck! There is a tremendous amount of info, on this subject, just hit the search, with the subject, your looking for. I'm sure that you realize this. Current and past, info is available. You are correct with the 4x110 bolt wheel pattern! I went with 5+2 on my spacers, and chose to stay with the Daihatsu bolt wheel pattern, that matches my unit! Instead of trying to get creative, and outsmarting myself on a different bolt pattern, to possibly try to save money, or whatever! My plans are strictly for off rd. farm/yard work, besides property cruising at lower speeds, and not, highway high speed travel! That being said, your thoughts have a lot of merit to me, trying to keep the wheels underneath your vehicle as much as possible! I think your on the right track, with your plans! Mine is still a work in progress, and I'm close to start working it, before I start my second phase of my partial rebuild! Good Luck!
    Limestone

3. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I have a 94 S-110P, pick/dump.

Here’s what I’m running
    I bought the truck run a plow on mine in the winter. So, I wanted a variable rate spring. To give enough spring for the weight of the plow, yet still ride ok, when the plow is off. This is what I went with: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/qa1-10ht225-475

I went with street tires (165/75R14, which are 23.75-inch diameter), on 14X6 wheels, with a 4X2 offset. ITP SS312 Wheel (Front / 14X6) (Machined Black) for 14-17 Honda PIONEER4
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KOIB9G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_FCVZEbG5TYR9P

Can’t remember whose 2-inch lift I installed.

I haven’t had any issue with tire rub.

4. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

tdrich,
    I took Jig's recommendation and went with the same spring's from Summit! I am planning on doing the same with a plow on the front end, in the near future!
    Limestone