1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

93carry bed removal

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Stanran, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Stanran

Stanran New Member

I will be picking up a 93 Suzuki Carrie and probably wanting to remove the bed for engine work vacuum hoses and doing other painting rust preventative how hard is it to remove the bed has anyone tried it

2. matt167

matt167 Active Member

it's a pain, but not terribly hard. You won't need to remove it to change any hoses

3. SAITCHO

SAITCHO Active Member

On my 2003 DA63T, its pretty easy to remove the bed. I had to remove a few connectors for the rear lights. The bed is held down by about 10-12 bolts. You will need 2 person to handle the thing.

4. Stanran

Stanran New Member

Thanks for the info...this fix up is going to be my next "project" I have a tractor with a bucket loader and will use it with some straps to lift it off

5. Puro

Puro Member

I removed mine... it's long but not too difficult. As you remove it (hopefully with some help), take a look under at the same time, making sure all the lines are completely disconnected from the bed. That thing is pretty heavy and you might not notice right away if you rip something off.

...Also make sure you got a plan to where to put this thing afterward 'cuz it's kinda heavy.

6. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Stan,
    Done a lot of lifting over the yrs. with different size and kind of hydraulics! Mainly, just use your common sense. The one thing that I really wanted to add was, lifting with straps is a great idea, verses chain, or cables! Remember these mini's, steel is thin, and light duty! Take your time and don't be afraid to use some hard wood, for what we call cribbage!(Support), As the straps will bend the metal, by putting strain in the wrong places if your not paying attention! For me, I would keep the lifting to a minimum. Lifting and unbolting, as needed as you go along, and getting it just high enough, to either drive it out from under, when lifted, or roll it out from underneath! You get my point! I've seen a lot of people do so much unnecessary damage, while doing similar project, only to cause a lot more time and money in repairs down the rd. Remember, when you hook up to your lifting bucket, usually, most people go to one lifting point on top. Your better off using, or rigging,(making) a spreader, giving points that allow your lifting straps vertically straight! Using the same length straps always help, at least rigging them so that they are even, doing a lot less damage in the process! A lot of times, a piece of hardwood plank at least a foot longer on each side, with the strap under neath the plank, will work really well! Good Luck, and keep us posted!
    Limestone

7. Stanran

Stanran New Member

Thanks for the great advice ,I hope to pick up the truck in a few weeks and then I’ll have a better idea of what is needed.
    Stan

8. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

If you’re going to lift it with your tractor and webbing you should be safe with the tie hooks, on the sides of the bed if you use them all and a spreader bar.

Limestone likes this.