1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

93 U42T Idle Issue

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by Wisconsin Mini Truck LLC, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Idles fine cold then after warm up it dies and will not idle without help. Any suggestions? Carb and internals clean with out soaking. Go deeper?

2. Dan

Dan Member

while its cold, it will run on a higher idle cam and partial choke. when it warms up it lets go of the choke and is reliant on the pre-set idle mixture and the idle speed screw. sounds like your idle circuit of the carb is clogged.

sounds like you've had it off...how about vac lines and vac-valves reversed. maybe richen up the idle mix

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  3. Dan: I thought so too! But it does idle half of the time, but it has been on and off for months. I'm considering a tear down, but was hopeful some additive would work. So far, no.
    It's such a direct shut down that I thought it may be electrical, like low oil pressure sensor. But no such animal. Any other suggestions out there? I once thought low oil pressure was tripping something out, but oh well.
    Anybody got a vacuum line schematic to share for it? (I don't)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  4. Dan

Dan Member

It could be electrical. I posted a schematic in my gallery. i'm not sure how similar the american version is to the import version. my manuals are for the americanized leftys.

5. Thanks Dan.
    Any one have a vacuum diagram? Looks like someone has been in to mine. I like the Vac Valve idea scenario. I appreciate your help. Next time in NV I will buy you a beer. Your on.

6. Dan

Dan Member

sorry, no help on the vac diagrams. 4" thick shop manual and not a vacuum schematic/diagram anywhere. it just references the check valves and they are listed separately for each system. pcv, over-vent,brake boost,and deceleration...

7. TetsuKuma

TetsuKuma Member

Don-in-Japan has some PDF images in his Photo section of the site. Carb diagrams, etc. They have been a great help to me on my '93.
    Bruce

8. Thanks everyone! You guys have been great! Let me try to match up to the diagrams. Someone got in to mine and tried to bypass and disconnect a few things. I increased the idle at warm, but nothing. I'm trying everything instead of pulling it, and looks like I may have to. I'll keep you all posted. You know what will happen next. It will be something Stupid. Very stupid.

9. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

Hi Dan
    could you help me with something...i need to take the rear axle carrier out and ditch the posi. can you take the bolts out of the backing plates and pull the axles out far enough to get the carrier out? if i had a service manual i could see how to start. hope you can :)

wyatt

10. Dan

Dan Member

http://www.minitrucktalk.com/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=539

Ditch the posi??? wish i had one!!

I'm not sure how similar our axles are. mine are not posi but, you're on the right track. pull the bolts on the backing plate and the axles should pull out with a little persuasion from a slide hammer. The interference from the ballbearings was the only thing holding in the axles after the bolts are out. There are pictures of mine coming apart in the gallery link above. sorry i can't be of more help. i hope yours comes apart as easy as mine did.

good luck!

Dan

oldsnowman likes this.
  11. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

thanks dan these pictures are what i needed to see be for i got into this diff...it is realy good to see that this diff is set-up like a ford 9", that makes things easy for setting up the diff :) thanks again for your help:D
    here is a picture of my diff pre removeal
    wyatt

Attached Files:

• 30.JPG
      30.JPG
      File size:
      82.1 KB
      Views: