1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'93 Hijet Front Drive Axle Shaft

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Northern Tire and Auto, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Does anyone have a front drive axle shaft for a '93 Hijet. I'm talking about the driveshaft that runs from the transfer case to the front differential. Mine has a bend in it from hitting somethnig? Email me direct at jrobert@kmts.ca if you can help out.

2. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

I would just take it to the local driveline shop and have it rebuilt

3. Thought about that but figured it would be cheaper to get a used one. Also wouldn't be able to drive the truck for a week. It's my daily driver.

4. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

seems to me that if it's bent you can't drive it anyway. i've had a drive shaft rebuilt and balanced in just a few hours. you should call around. i'd much rather have a fresh drive shaft than buying one that may also have issues.

5. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Depending on hows it's mounted you might be able to run with it removed
    if neccesary while being rebuilt.

6. I can disconnect if from the front but on the transfer case side when you remove the shaft oil runs out.

7. Where I live (small town) no one does driveshafts so it has to be sent out so I won't see it for a week. I can drive it but only in 2wd. I don't notice a thing untill I put it into 4WD at speeds higher than 30kph then a vibraton starts.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  8. rayallen

rayallen Member

Northern...Try some who advertise like G&R. ray allen

9. Meesho

Meesho Member

Try calling the dealer you bought it from?? 99.9% of dealers "claim" they have parts either "in stock" or easily accessible.